Notice of Annual General Meeting
This is notice that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the members of the International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations will be held in person and virtually:
- At the following address: Movenpick, Aeschengraben 25, 4051, Basel, Switzerland
- On the following day: December 2, 2023
- At the following time: 8 am to 9 am (CET)
If you are joining us virtually, please use this Zoom link. Passcode: 137116
Thank you to our members who have submitted a nomination for the Board of Directors. Nominations are now closed, and we will have an election using electronic ballots through Simply Voting. A voting link will be sent to delegates soon. We value our members’ input. If you’d like to submit an agenda item or resolution, please use the links below to fill out a form.
The deadline to submit agenda items and resolutions is November 24, 2023.
Please read the full 2023 Notice of AGM & Call for Resolutions.
The business of the meeting includes the following special resolution: “That, the draft Articles of Association attached hereto be approved and adopted as the Articles of Association of the charity in substitution for and to the exclusion of all existing Articles of Association of the charity.”
Please refer to 23.11.15 Amended Draft ALS-MND Articles 2023.
Proxy Vote Instructions & Form
- As a member of the Charity, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting.
- You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes.
- A proxy must be an authorized representative of the member (no other individuals are permitted to be proxies) and must attend the meeting to represent you.
- If no voting indication is given, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting on the resolutions put to the meeting at their discretion.
- Unless the proxy appointment indicates otherwise, it will be treated as:
- allowing your proxy to vote (or abstain from voting) as they think fit in relation to the limited range of additional resolutions which may be put before the meeting; and
- appointing your proxy in relation to any adjournment of the meeting.
- Proxy appointments must be using the form below or in writing and emailed to the Secretary of the Charity, Catherine Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The proxy appointments must be notified to the Secretary of the Charity before the commencement of the meeting.
- If you are completing the proxy appointment under the authority of a power of attorney or any other authority you must send the relevant document or a certified copy to the Secretary of the Charity when you return the proxy appointment.
- If you wish to change your proxy instructions, you can submit another appointment in the way indicated above. The appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
- If you wish to revoke your proxy instructions, you can send a notice to the Secretary of the Charity in any of the ways described at note 6 above, clearly stating that the instructions are revoked. The revocation must be received by the Secretary of the Charity no later than the commencement of the meeting.
- Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the meeting and voting yourself. If you have appointed a proxy and you attend the meeting and cast a vote yourself, your proxy is no longer entitled to vote for you.
- You may only communicate with the Charity about the meeting and appointing a proxy for the meeting using the addresses at note 6 No other methods of communication will be accepted.
Please ensure submission of the completed proxy to the International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations email@example.com no later than Monday, November 27, 2023, at 5:00 p.m., CET.
2023 Proxy Form
As a member of the Charity, you are entitled to appoint a proxy through this form to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting.