ABOUT THE ALLIANCE SUPPORT GRANT
The purpose of the Alliance Support Grant is to assist Members of the Alliance with a grant up to a maximum of £1500. The Alliance Support Grant can be for any of the following reasons:
- Alliance Meetings: The Alliance Support Grant provides financial assistance to delegates of member associations who would not, on economic grounds, otherwise be able to do so, to travel to and attend the Annual Alliance Meeting and Allied Professionals Forum.
- Partnership (People): The Alliance Support Grant will support the work in partnership between member organizations. These grants will help member associations increase their capacity to develop services, education and support for people living with ALS/MND, and to encourage them to share resources and experiences. Partnership activities in the past have included educational visits, advocacy, practical advice and more. These activities involve a person or organisation with skills, experience or knowledge, sharing with someone who has requested assistance in specific areas through mentorship and guidance.
- Partnership (Equipment and Resources): The Alliance Support Grant gives ALS/MND associations from around the world the opportunity to share resources. Member Associations can let us know they have a need for equipment or other resources. The Alliance facilitates communication between associations in need and those with something to offer to fulfill that need. Partnership activities in the past for this area include mobility devices, and communication equipment for example.
To be eligible to apply for an Alliance Support Grant, the applicant Member must:
- a) be fully up-to-date with all subscriptions, or any other sums due to the Alliance.
- b) be an Association which, in the absence of such a Grant, would not, for economic reasons, be able to undertake the proposed travel or program.
Applications must be made through the form below. Each Alliance Support Grant application will be reviewed based on the merits of the application received and the availability of Alliance resources.
Please note that not more than one Alliance Support Grant will be awarded to any single Member in any one calendar year.