Masterclass from the MDN Association – Let’s Talk About End of Life in MND
October 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm BST£40
Time: 10am – 4pm
Cost: £40 View events cancellation policy
Date: 16 October 2023
Location: Online delivery via Zoom
Aim: To help health and social care professionals gain confidence in discussing death, dying and advance care planning with people with MND.
By the end of the one-day masterclass, participants will:
- understand the benefits and challenges of offering opportunities to discuss dying
- understand what happens as MND progresses and how patients might die
- have increased confidence in initiating conversations about end of life
- understand advance care planning and resources to support this.
- Dr Idris Baker – Consultant in Palliative Care at Ty Olwen Hospice, Morriston Hospital Swansea
- Becky Whittaker – Educator and Coach Palliative and End of Life Care, Communication Skills Trainer