MND Association Workshop – Respiratory Failure in MND: Secretion Management and Airway Clearance
November 21 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm GMT£50
Date: 21 November 2023
Time: 10am-3:30pm (registration and coffee from 9:30am)
Cost: £50 View Events Cancellation Policy
Location: National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO), Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL
Aim: to introduce non respiratory specialist members of the MDT to secretion management and airway clearance.
By the end of the session you will:
- be better able to identify the presenting problems may be when cough augmentation is indicated
- have been introduced to manual methods of secretion clearance including the Lung Volume Recruitment technique
- be able to explain secretion clearance and cough assistance techniques in order to support the people with MND in their care and prepare them for the procedures
- have been introduced to some of the pharmacological options for secretion management
- have had an opportunity to explore case studies and through knowledge application and discussion identify the presenting problem and the appropriate action to take.